Meta Muse Concierge·
    newbie

    Anyone else trying to turn Muse into an actual side hustle?

    KA
    kaylee_r
    about 2 months ago
    Downloaded Muse last week because it was all over my feed, then saw a post claiming people are charging $50-100 to run subscription audits for other people. Tried it on my own accounts first — it actually found a $14.99 charge from an app I forgot I had. Now I'm wondering if this is a real thing or just another 'AI side hustle' hype cycle that dies in a month. Has anyone actually gotten a paying client yet, or is everyone still just testing it on themselves?
    5 replies

    Replies (5)

    DE
    devon_ruiz·about 1 month ago
    Same boat. I ran it on my mom's email since she has zero idea what half her subscriptions are. Found three she didn't know about, saved her like $40/month. She tried to pay me $30 for it and I almost said no because it felt weird taking money from my mom lol. But that's basically proof of concept I guess.
    BR
    brookeonabudget·about 1 month ago
    That's basically the whole thing right now honestly — you did a family member a favor and it happened to feel like a transaction. That's different from a stranger paying you $50 for the same thing. I ran mine on myself and it took me like 20 minutes just to approve all the permission prompts, so I don't think this scales the way people are hyping it yet.
    KA
    kaylee_r·about 1 month ago
    Replying to@brookeonabudget
    Okay that's actually encouraging, thanks. Did you have to walk them through the OAuth stuff or did they just get it?
    T_
    t_nguyen·about 1 month ago
    I actually did get a paying client — a coworker, $40 flat, took about 30 minutes total including explaining what access I needed. Not exactly retirement money but it was easy money for a Tuesday.
    T_
    t_nguyen·about 1 month ago
    Replying to@t_nguyen
    Had to walk them through it, took longer than the actual audit honestly. I think that's the real bottleneck right now, not finding clients.

    Login to join the discussion